Friday, August 12, 2016

WEEKLY WRAP UP FOR 8/12/2016


 OBVIOUSLY, all the breath "indicators" are on buy signals, STILL, so, as I have been mentioning, I am not going to waste my time talking about them until they get a divergent change in character, IE, the trend is UP ...........


Well, OK, I'm going to mention some thing about "breath", I mean, it's nothing, but, Ya Know, EVERY THING starts SOME PLACE, so I feel it my duty to "mention" it. That's my Market Monitor above of about 2800 stocks, in the first red circle in the left center "area" is the "20 + 50", that's the number of stocks where the 20 DMA is above the 50 DMA, this has been going up for 26 days, starting in the green circle above it, and now it's started going DOWN the last two days. In the circle on the far right side, that's the $NAAD, the A/D for the COMPQ, it made new ATH's on Friday, and yet, YET, the A/D's were negative:


Here's what the chart looks like, there's a little negative divergence between price and the $NAAD, I mean, like I said, it's NOTHING, it's just a couple of little days, BUTT .................


Here's a $SPX chart with the "indicators" on the left, the STOCH, RSI 5, RSI 13, MACD, MFI and ROC are all diverging against price, I don't "DO" charts any more, mainly because IMHO Central Banks have made it a study in futility, BUTT, I have to say, with so many divergences it, SHOULD, be a reason for caution, but of course, all it probably means is the CB's are setting us up for a MOOOOOOOON shot higher, and in that vein we have been in a bollinger Squeeze for the last seven days, so we are due for a BIG move, it doesn't say WHICH way the move will go, but you can figure on walking the bollinger bands either higher or lower. 


The only things NOT on BUY signals this week, 20 SMA above 50 SMA, is the same two as the last three weeks, $CRB and $TNX. 


All Bullish Percent indexes are on buy signals, well, other than $BPENER and $BPUTIL, and no one cares about them any way, as utilities are the most over valued sector in the universe and POTUS is working on completely destroying our energy sources so we can all go back to living in caves. 


 All sectors are in party mode, and on buy signals, the 20 sma continue to turn down on the two interest rate and dollar sensitive ones, XLU and XLP, and that very same XLE that POTUS is working on just gave a SELL signal on Friday.


And the big winner in my 77 markets this week are all foreign markets,accept for the winner, USO up 6.49%,very unusual to see 11 of them ahead of the XIV, our only sector on the first page besides oil was GDX, FXI in the number 7 spot is interesting only because the economic news out of China was HORRIBLE, which gave "HOPE" for CB interventions that have NOT worked! Our best major is clear back on the third page,   The NasDOGS were our major market winner this week,  QQQ up a massive .36% on the week, just ahead of the big Dogs, DIA up an equally massive .35%. with the SPY in third up a lousy .13%, which is strange as StockCharts.com says the SPY was DOWN 19 cents on the week, sigh, IWM was the worst, but it was the BEST of the LOSER's, down .09%, or 11 cents, which is what stockcharts says as well, so at least they agree on that. Ya Know, that 19 and 11 cents is like some one putting in an order and getting filled when they turned their head for a second, LOL .....................


18 markets were lower this week, up from 37 last week, XME got hammered as I guess the China data says no body is actually buying steel, UNG was the winner at -6.19% as I guess no one needs any nat gas to melt the steel ....................


Here's the beeg wiener's in the SP 500 this week, I, BELIEVE, that JWN, M, KSS and RL all beat greatly REDUCED earnings estimates, but the earnings were all lower than the prior year, I believe, I, MIGHT, say, the moves look a little frothy for YOY lower earnings, but, HEY, who am I to say some thing like that ..........................


Here's the loser's, much more interesting than the udder ones, I really like FSLR and COH, about 50% LOWER that is, and speaking of 50% lower, I'm afraid my little sweetie FCX just, MIGHT, be headed in that direction, but I still have a little dinky position in it, just in case a miracle happens.

0 Comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online